Sprouts are high in fibre to help keep you feeling full and they’re also a good source of vitamins C and K, as well as other vitamins and minerals.
This recipe takes just minutes to rustle up and makes a great lunch for using up festive leftovers or as a side dish to accompany cold meat. And because this recipe is low in calories, it will fit perfectly into your weight loss plan, helping you to stay on track amid the Christmas period.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 350g Brussels sprouts, washed and shredded
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- Peel and crush the garlic and set aside. Wash and shred the Brussels sprouts into thin strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the sprouts and garlic and lightly sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the sprouts begin to wilt slightly. Add a little water if you need to prevent the sprouts from burning or sticking to the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the Dijon mustard and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast if desired.
Nutritional Content Per Serving (Recipe Serves 4):
Energy: 188KJ (45 kcal)
Total Sugars: 2.1g
Total Fats: 1.5g
Saturated Fats: 0.28g