Our flavoursome stuffed mushrooms are low in calories but high in flavour, thanks to a delicious filling that includes onion, garlic, oregano, parsley and parmesan. This is a great easy recipe to make when you’re starting to reintroduce conventional foods to your diet as part of the Partial Meal Replacement stage of your weight loss journey.
- 24 large or 12 extra-large mushrooms, washed and with stems removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Peel and chop the onion, garlic and carrot, and finely chop the pepper.
- Make up the chicken stock using the stock cube and boiling water.
- Fill a medium saucepan with boiling water, place on a high heat and cook the mushrooms for around two minutes.
- Carefully remove the mushrooms from the pan using a ladle, and leave to drain on paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for five minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add the carrot and pepper to the onion mixture and cook for another four minutes.
- Carefully pour in the chicken stock, sprinkle in the oregano and leave the pan to simmer for another four minutes, or until the vegetables are heated through and soft.
- Meanwhile, place the mushrooms onto a lined baking tray.
- Once the vegetable mixture is cooked, remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the parmesan and parsley.
- Spoon a small amount (about a tablespoon) of the mixture into each mushroom cup.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for ten minutes, or until piping hot.
Nutritional Content Per Serving:
Recipe makes 6 servings (1 serving = 2 extra-large mushrooms or 4 large mushrooms)
Energy: 363KJ (87 calories)
Added Sugars: 0g
Total Fats: 3.4g
Saturated Fats: 1.2g
Monounsaturated Fats: 1.7g
Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g